Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Tulip Trees

The neighborhood across from my parents' has two beautiful tulip trees at the entrance. I couldn't resist getting out in the gorgeous weather to snap some pics. Enjoy...I sure did!

Two Tulips :)

The next one is my favorite...I think only b/c I got to climb the tree to get this shot. :)

"Oh, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin..."



These next three show the different stages of the flowers. :)

Stage 1:

Stage 2:
Stage 3:

3 Tulips for 3 sisters...a bit sappy, I think. :)
The petals look like hands hiding its face.
Twin tulips!

2 comments:

  1. Okay....how much would you charge to have one blown up? These are gorgeous!!!!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunflare one! They are all great! We were having discussions today as to what type of tree this is. Because they are everywhere! And because I have been wanting to take pictures of them. I took a pic of Audrie under one today with all the petals on the ground. So they are Tulip Trees! I said, "Are they dogwood?" Then somone said, "Look at that magnolia tree!" But now we know. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete